A new FREE online course Swim For a Mile has been launched by Swim Ireland and The Irish Times. The 12 week training programme aims to challenge people of all ages and abilities to swim at least two lengths of a 25m pool.
Below are some questions and answers about the Swim For a Mile challenge:
1. Who can take part in the Swim For a Mile challenge?
The course is designed to teach inexperienced swimmers better swimming techniques such as floating and treading water to learning different swimming styles.
2. How is the Swim For a Mile course structured & How do I receive my course content?
You will receive weekly Swim a Mile emails each week, with training plans and video lessons and tips from top swimming experts.
3. How do I register for the FREE Swim For a Mile Challenge?
Visit www.irishtimes.com/getswimming to register
4. How many sessions a work do I need to swim?
The challenge requires only three sessions a week.
5. How long does a session take?
The length of each session can vary between 40 minutes & 1 hour.
6. Who created the Swim For a Mile Programme?
The Swim For a Mile programme has been developed in line with the Department of Health guidelines.
7. What equipment do I need to take part in the Swim For a Mile challenge?
Swimsuit, google and swimming hat are required, other equipment such as kick boards should be available at your local pool
For more information email email@example.com